The patented Torsion2 system resulted from long studies and numerous tests. The project transpired from an ingenious idea by Ivan Barella and it has been developed in order to create an innovative product which in turn will improve the hydrodynamic characteristics and consequently the performance of the “Tahitian” shaft. The system came to light due to the support and expertise of Massimo Quattrone an experienced professional diver. Numerous tests were also carried out in the field before the final product came to fruition.
Characteristics of the Torsion2 system:
- The Hydrodynamic shape has been improved, there are no protruding particles that can create friction. The system allows very fast shots. The section does not exceed 8 mm in diameter which is 1.5 mm less than the traditional system.
- Incredible penetration
- Precision is guaranteed by the floating system and the shaft profile is not altered
- Retention is guaranteed by a 1.2 mm thickness strength barb. It rotates 360 degrees around the shaft and flows on it for about 60 mm.
- Small penetration holes on the fish due to the fact there are no protruding particles.
- Strength. The lack of classical cross holes on the shaft, normally used to assemble the pin, provides an incredible strength to the shaft in its critical point.
The Torsion2 system can be easily replaced. Heat the cone part until a temperature of 200 degrees and the glue used in assembly will begin to soften, at this point you can easily remove the cone.
Once replaced the barb and the cone can be secured by the using the special glue.
Shaft with Torsion2 system. Stainless steel 174Ph Torsion2 system: penetration, speed, precision and robustness for great performances. PATENTED
Material: 174Ph stainless steel. After the thermic treatment it assumes a burnished color. Material with excellent mechanical charateristics, often used in naval and aerospace applications