The use of monofilament line improves the strike ratio when downrigging for all gamefish, first by eliminating the vibration otherwise created by wire cables, and second by decreasing gear visibility.
This rig is designed to be crimped directly to your existing downrigger cable with the special mini-double crimp provided in the package.
Once the 100 feet of special 100-lb. low visibility monofilament line is wound on the downrigger’s spool, the Goldfinger Release Clip will be positioned out of the water where it can be easily loaded, while the downrigger ball or planer remains safely below the surface where it can’t swing and damage the boat’s hull.
AFTCO GOLDFINGER DOWNRIGGER RELEASE CLIP DC-1
• Large diameter stainless wire bail results in less line wear and smoother releases.
• Numbered and graduated adjustement slider allows for a precise setting of release-tension every time.
• Super-lightweight design, perfect for fishing lighter live baits like ballyhoo, goggle eye and pilchard from downriggers.
• Extremely corrosion resistant composite and stainless construction.
SWIVEL SNAP HOOK
• Swivel snap hook for easy assembly to the lead.
• 300 meters of low visibility monofilament 100lb capacity.