This inexpensive yet tough and durable waterproof model is designed for use in Daylight conditions.
Its compact size, rugged and waterproof design make it an ideal camera for snorkeling, skiing, fishing, boarding, surfing, etc.
Rigorous quality control at the factory is one reason we are industry leaders in low return rates and customer satisfaction.
• Waterproof to 25 feet (8 meters)
• 28mm Focus Free lens
• Preloaded with 27 exposure 200 ASA film
• Shock resistant, heavy-duty housing that floats
• Cam lock clasp with hinged back.
• Hand strap included
• Camera is reusable
• Compact size; small enough to fit in a shirt pocket
Film Removal and Reloading Instructions:
This camera is designed for reusability and is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for 180 days from purchase date.
Abuse or misuse of product is not covered under warranty.
Special care must be taken when using waterproof products.
Please visit our Support-Manuals page to view SS01 film reloading instructions and SS01 user’s manual or follow instructions below.
• Twist the cam lock clasp to open position, open back of housing and remove camera.
• Press film release button (at bottom of camera).
• Wind rewind lever (at top of camera) in clockwise direction until film winds free.
• Lift rewind lever to release film from camera.
• Remove sticker and open back of camera to remove exposed film.
• Insert new film and extend film tip to the right hand winding spool.
• Make sure holes in film are aligned with wind sprocket gear teeth.
• Close back of camera and replace red sticker.
• Advance film to # 1 in the frame counter on top of camera
• If the counter does not advance film is not loaded correctly, repeat step 6).
• Make sure that the O-ring seal is clean of sand, dirt or other debris.
• Close back and twist cam lock clasp into closed position.
Care and Maintenance:
• Rinse outside of housing thoroughly in clean fresh water after each use.
• Clean O-ring after each use.
• Keep O-ring lightly lubricated with silicon grease.
• Store cameras with the housing open to prevent flattening of O-ring.
• If storing with film, store in a dry/cool area.
• Heat and moisture are very damaging to film.
• Snap Sights cameras will work with any brand, standard 35mm film.
• Film is rated by ASA.
• The following chart shows the most common ratings and applications:
• ASA/ISO 100 – Use outdoors on sunny days.
• ASA/ISO 200 – Same as 100
• ASA/ISO 400 – Indoor/outdoor, lower light, shallow water, faster movement.
• ASA/ISO 800 – Indoor/Outdoor, darker, deeper water, faster movement
• ASA/ISO 1000+ – Fast Action low light